Our Shop Rides are friendly and inclusive and always go ahead – whatever the weather!
Wednesdays at 18.30
Meet at the shop before heading to our local cycling mecca, Richmond Park, for some laps. Finishing with pizza and bike chat (numbers dependent).
Fridays at 10.00
A longer road ride, usually into the Surrey Hills or towards Windsor – and always with a cafe stop. Make the most of our in-house road route experts!
Please read and follow the guidelines below to help us all keep safe on the roads.
- Ride two abreast and at your discretion move to single file (be courteous to other road users- narrow/busy roads single file may be safer, faster moving traffic can get past a shorter group of two abreast more easily)
- Riding close to the person in front gives the benefit of less drag, but only ride as close as you feel comfortable
- Stay relaxed but aware of those in front and behind
- Don’t make any sudden acceleration, movement or break
- Move out in plenty of time to avoid road hazards and so others can follow your line
- Keep pedalling-soft pedal rather than freewheel
- Maintain a steady speed
- At times it may be safer/better to split into two or more smaller groups and regroup as decided
- On hills, give riders more room as they are more likely to slow or move off their line